indocators of CD-sector in Audacity? - trying to move from EAC to Audacity

• First - I'll understand if this forum does not accept posts in English. It was the only Audacity Support Forum I could find on the internet. However, I'll greatly appreciate it if someone could answer my question (in English) or point me toward another resource where I could get questions answered.

I use Exact Audio Copy's wav editor frequently, and am quite experienced with it. (I also have Nero, but have not used its wav editor.)
    One of the most useful functions that EAC's wav editor is that it shows markers on the boundaries of CD-audio sectors (588 samples = 1 CD sector; 75 CD sectors = 1 second = 44100 samples). I usually edit wav files that I want to eventually burn to cd, and knowing the edge of a sector is very useful.
    My question is, does Audacity have any similar feature that can be turned on, to mark each multiple of 588 samples so I can cut and paste along CD-sector lines? I looked through Audacity's preferences menu, and couldn't find such an option. But I'm pretty new to the program. Thanks much.

• Hi,

first of all, no problem, there is a mailing list on the http://audacity.sourceforge.net for helping und questions(user) you can have a look there.

But for your question, you can change the view. By default it is in hour:minutes:seconds:milliseconds but you can change it.

Go to the View menue and there to SET Selection Format , there are to possibilities, samples and CDDA samples (snap to). I think the second one is the right for you.

Greets
    Pennywize

• Thanks, Pennywize. That helps. It's still not nearly as nice as what EAC's wav editor has, with lines on the wav image at each sector boundry. But it's something. Also, thanks for pointing me toward the mailing list on the website.